Close a loop of 5 kilometres by running, cycling, swimming, walking, hiking...you get the idea!
Once you’ve completed the challenge, post your accomplishment on Instagram, TikTok, or the channel of your choice and nominate 5 of your friends to do the same and help spread the word!
What’s behind this initiative?
We want to make some noise and draw attention to the fact that cancer care inequities exist worldwide.
We want to get people everywhere to wake up to our call to get active and mimic the closing of the gap with this challenge.
Are you ready?
How does it work?
- Get moving, put on your workout clothes and grab your gear. Come on, you can do it!
- Record your activity on your favourite fitness tracker (Strava, Runtastic, and MapMyRide all offer free versions) and...action!
- Post your achievement in form of a video or a simple picture on social media
- Tag 5 friends.
- Use #WorldCancerDay and #CloseTheCareGap.
- Be part of the official campaign by using one of our World Cancer Day 5k Challenge stickers.
- Donate 5 Euros or more to help fight cancer!
Do you have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.